Previous Recap / Next Recap
Year One, Autumn ROS’s
- Sim 41 – Destiny Honeycutt – Disease/Illness. Plague. Destiny must be isolated in her bedroom with free will off for 2 days. Use the Sim Blender to infect her. I am wondering if the sickness is going to spread a lot.
- Sim 35 – Daralis Gothard – Death – Starvation. I will probably have her have plague instead. It is hard to imagine why she would starve in Autumn with the story as it is, plus, other sims have rolled for plague.
- Sim 32 – Rhett Forester – Disease – Insanity. For four days, must stay at the Almshouse or Monastery and attain Lifelong Happiness and Anger Management. An even number was rolled so Rhett gets to “return home,” although, actually, this just delays his eventual move somewhere else, since his wife just divorced him.
- Sim 8 – Esmerelda Berry – Miscellaneous – Inner Peace. Esmerelda must move to the convent for d6 days (four days) and spend 6 consecutive hours in prayer daily. She will receive (d100 (91) x 10) 910 Aspiration Points and return home.
- Sim 63 – Millicent Wise – Crown reclaims land. Family gets 24 hours to move to a new lot they can afford. Take any objects in inventory. I have not decided what to do with this one since Millicent is the almshouse keeper and I really don’t want to rebuild the almshouse. I think it would go along with the spirit of it to have Millicent displaced and find another Almshouse keeper. Lady Joslyn was originally going to keep the almshouse but once I moved Millicent there, I didn’t really see a need.
- Sim 9 – Harold Berry – Disease/Illness – Plague. Harold must be isolated in his bedroom with free will off for 2 days. Use the Sim Blender to infect him.
- Sim 12 – Zelda Berry – Disaster – Terrible Tempest. House is demolished. Move out immediately. Bulldoze the lot from neighborhood view. Rebuild (if family can afford it) or move to another house, if they can afford it). Save d6 items in inventory and Add d100 x 100 as a crown grant to rebuild. The family gets to save 4 items. They got 50 X 100 for the rebuild grant and their current family funds are: $8211.00, giving them a total of $13,211 to rebuild. After thinking about it, this one is kind of useful in the long run, although at first I was pretty disappointed to get it. As Ayre grows, the space where the Berry’s currently live would be better suited to a poulterer or other farmer, and the Berry’s would live just outside the wall, I think.
- Sim 53 – Arwen Thayer – Social Standing – Ruination. Arwen becomes pregnant out of wedlock. At first bump appearance, she is discovered. She must marry the baby’s father, or another male sim with whom she has the highest LT, and move in with her new husband, or move to the convent. Arwen will become a teen by the middle of the round. She does not have many relationships since she is a child and new to Ayre. I am not going to rush her pregnancy, since she is so young, so it will most likely be Winter before she even conceives.
Method – a little different this season. Last season I randomly rolled a family and then rolled a sim within it depending on the type of ROS (like adult or child, male or female, etc). This season I have 63 sims and I am rolling their ROS’s individually according to the number on the sim info spreadsheet. I have 16 playable households so I thought eight Random Occurrence Scenarios would be enough to make things interesting but not be an overwhelming number of random events.
- Roll a number between 1 and 100. If it is between 1 and 63, use it. If not, roll again. These numbers represent the 8 sims that will have an ROS. I wrote the sims’ number down next to the ROS number (before rolling for the ROS itself). I didn’t look up the sims until after rolling for the ROS’s. So I did not know who the sim was or what their ROS would be, when I wrote down their number. If I later realized the ROS couldn’t work for that sim, like with ROS # 8 which required a single female, for example, and I rolled a male, I re-rolled until an appropriate sim was rolled.
- Roll a D8. This gives me the broad category of ROS. I am using Vllygrl’s ROS for the Medieval Charter Challenge.
- Social Standing
- Roll Again.
- Within each category I have noted on my ROS document the dice to roll such as D6 or D8. I roll it and then any subsequent dice for even/odd or amounts of time or money, if needed, to determine outcomes